Sunday, March 16, 2008

GSC youths Overnight Vigil

Geez, staying up the whole night organizing an overnight event is a tiring thing. By the around 5 or 6am I was already yawning away. I guess, it was partly due to the busy day I had before.
Wow, a great experience spending the night with a whole bunch of young people, singing (loud), dancing (hard), praising (God) and praying (zzz). First time ever, the youths of Good Sheperd Church has organised an overnight vigil in conjunction with Lent and Easter. A great huge congrats and job well done to the committee for being able to organised such a great event for young people. Enjoyed my time with you guys and glad I could help out abit. A record(so-so) for the youths too for getting a rather large number of participants this time, 70 is a good number to start with.

A perfect timing for all activities/sessions from 9pm the night before till 7.30 in the morning. Food was great, people were fantastic participants. Even had some 'outsiders' from St John's, St Joseph's and Jesus Caritaz.




Activities at the vigil was awesome. Even Fr. Philip Muthu's session was not at all, boring. First time experiencing the washing of the feet. Although, I was the last in the circle so I had the basin of dirty water and cloth full of dirt. But it was an enlightening and humbling experience.




I enjoyed the praise and worship session too. Glad to be playing the keyboard for the event although towards morning, I was too sleepy and was losing concentration and I kept hitting the wrong chords.

The Rosary session was very 'touching' coz hot candle was dripping and touching my fingers. Had a very 'warm' feeling during the rosary. Later, we all ahd to scrape candle wax from the floor, oh the agony.




Great job to those who acted the passion play/way of the cross. Very realistic, everyone was feeling the moment until Vincent's soldier pants dropped and laughter filled the air. After that, even the girls who were supposed to be crying on stage sounded like they were trying to hide their laughter.

All in all a great experience. Right now i'm still feeling the effects of staying up whole night though I did try it a few times bcoz of assignments, football, gambling and lepak/chit-chat.

No comments: