Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My take on IronMan

Hey, you think I must be crazy to be so into IronMan. Don't you? Well, I'm just really blown away by the fact that I did win something out of our assignments after all, and I'm not meaning just marks and a diploma(although, it should be primary) .

Anyway, here's my take on the IronMan movie after watching the gala premier a day earlier than the rest of Malaysia. Thanks to Cherry for accompanying me. Got there kinda early, had dinner and met up with my cousin Pietro and Joanne who was there to catch IronMan too.

Me and Cherry. Btw, if you're wondering, we're just friends. I wouldn't want to be in trouble with her Karate chopping boyfriend. Haha, just kidding.


Well, just to tell you that it was a fun time spent at Cineleisure. Though, I don't think I would ever go back there for a movie, the cinema sucked. All the time I thought it was an awesome cinema to go to coz the lobby and ticket counters area were so sophisticated. But the fact is that, the moment you start entering the cinema, it really...ugh! Everything was just wrong. Maybe it was the rush of people somehow at that moment. What I didn't like was the fact that we had to leave our electronics outside the cinema with them, including mobiles and cameras. Then at the check in, they actually scan you like at the airport. Even my car keys got detected. And the entrance was so small, like my room door and everyone was rushing to catch their movie in time. Then in the cinema, the steps were so kinda steep. At least it was well lighted, in fact too much light, it was shining in my eyes before the movie started that it gave me a slight headache. Oh wait let me go back, I didn't even like the popcorn packet. It was like a simple folded paperbag. At least GSC or TGV gives you a cardboard packet.

They call it the Gala Premier...

My movie ticket



So, managed to get in the cinema anyway and the Hitz.fm guys started announcing the winners for the contest. Adam C announced my name and presented me the prize. It was a "Hasbro IronMan Stark Industries N.R.F 425 Blaster" which really translates to a bloody big toy gun for me.

Bloody Big Toy Gun?


So anyway, the movie was awesome. It did live up to its trailer. Although, I didn't quite like the starting. It was a little plain and not creative introduction. You know where they start showing the cast names. The best laugh I had was when the translation/subtitle for IronMan showed ORANG BESI! LMAO!

I would say that if you have been reading the synopsis and story on characters online, you would have a hard time figuring out the baddie in the movie. If you hadn't, then I guess you would've pretty easily guessed the bad guy.

It was totally awesome to see the technology portrayed in the movie. Dig this, individual lab robotic arms which understands human speech, and I'm not saying like keywords kinda speech, but everyday informal speech. And there was a computer system which could work for men, help bulid the suit and some building technology which is so cool if you were a tech freak.

The fight scenes were almost like transformers only on a smaller scale, but I must say, the flight scenes and the missile shooting were out of this world.

I would recommend this movie to all those who loves superhero action coz this has a slight possibility to believe in. I mean, it could happen. For me, watching it again, I say why not. I would. Hope you enjoy the movie.

Officially, my first movie review on my blog is done.

1 comment:

marcusan said...

dapat pergi see orang besi?

S.H.O.W O.F.F

;-p