Sunday, July 27, 2008

Convocation Commotion

Well yeaterday was my graduation day. Got my Diploma in Mass Communication (Public Relations)...well not exactly, they gave an empty scroll.

Now, it was a totally strict, formal and boring event. Seriously. And the fact that I had to collect the graduation gown days before, figure out how to wear it, wake up early and line up, sit through a boring event all just to stand up on stage for 3 seconds and be photographed while receiving an empty scroll from some VIP which I don't really know who... its just priceless...NOT!!!

I tell you the stupid hood is like damn confusing to wear man. I don't even wanna know who created the hood which has an odd cutting and after wearing, leaves 2 ugly tails hanging on the back. Luckily photos are all taken from the front.

Anyway, I wouldn't say it is all a waste of time and effort. I somehow did feel a sense of achivement, however small it may be. And that is really priceless. By the way the VIP which handed me the scroll was Datuk Ong Tee Keat.

Since it was kinda boring sitting there for an hour and a half, me and my friends decided to spot funny names of whoever that was called up on stage. Its just so typical lah. TAR College = Chinese college so 95% of the names called were all chinese. And when you get one Indian name which is like damn bloody long (which in fact is normal) everyone goes ooohh waaahh like sakais.
Well, I wasn't really aware, but then my name would have gotten some oohs and aahhs as well I guess.



The after event was more fun. Trying to take photos with everyone you can catch. Here are some.

1 comment:

marcusan said...

congrats bro.. but abit cheating la you.. i started 1st, but u ended up convoing first!! wahahaha..

you look good! miss yah