Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Two Fantastic Performances

Two performances within a week, wow. Seriously, too much for me to handle la, considering the fact that I have 2 assignments due, one week after another, a presentation and a mid-term test to sit. God.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Claris Concert 2008

The Grand Ballroom of Flaming Hotel

Last Sunday was what all the practices were for. Me and my "band" (more of a instrumental rock group) performed Smoke On The Water at the Grand Ballroom of the Flamingo Hotel in Ampang. Gave it our best, felt the music, and whadayakno... we won "Most Outstanding Performance". Simple but great ideas were decided at the last minute, seriously. Like less than an hour before it started, we decided to do something extra, and it payed off.

We won y'all, Rock on!!!

The Coveted Trophy


Guitarists were 'goreng-ing' like there's no other time to do it, me was moving-moving it to the beat, drummer boy was goin crazy with the solo. It was just perfect. We really thought we did well, after our turn was over.

That's me playing the RM 43,000 Yamaha Stagea Custom and Jin, the rhythm guitarist

Oh btw, we called ourselves Shallow Orange. Get the contrast?

This is Shallow Orange...

Well, I took part in another group plaing a different song. But I wasn't playing lead this time, just strings. We played "Something Stupid". And please, it doesn't mean we played something really dumb. The song by Robbie Williams and I'm not sure who...you remember?

P.S. I will upload clearer photos as well as videos once I get them.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Christmas Carols at Sungei Wang

We, the CSS of TAR College somehow got invited to sing carols at Sungei Wang last night. It was cool cause it was the first time for me performing in public. I felt so excited. In fact, we all did. A half hour of carols yielded applause after every song.

I am the guitarist at the far left.

There were so many people watching us, and to me, it felt awesome. I'm the kind of person who likes to talk or perform in front of a large and unknow audience. It was just fantastic. We practiced hard for this, and it all turned out well. The stage decorations must have gave us more of the Christmassy feel.

Check out the deco and lighting. Really look professional.

No comments: