Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm in Singapore!

Hi to all of you. This will be just a short entry as I'm typing from the Hotel's business room.

Yes, I am in Singapore with my family, and we joined a tour package, so, after walking the whole day round Singapore from the wee hours of the morning till now, I still had the urge of just posting something here. Hey, It's my first time stepping on a foreign land. I even got a picture of me taking my first step out of Malaysia. LoL.

This is quite a budget package, so I'm staying at a 2 star hotel in the Geylang district. If you guys know well enough, Geylang is to Singapore as ChowKit is to KL. It is the "Red Light" district of Singapore. And seriously, no joke, there are 2 backlanes surrounding this hotel and I've never seen a buzier backstreet since the BSBoys. I walked out to look for some hawkers, and my God, it's like a pasar malam. Easily a 100 people in the dark, of which half are whores. Looking down from my room window, the other backlane houses a gambling table (Illegal obviously). Its really anew experience for me. I mean, my parents are like : "Ooh, wanna go walk around the backlanes anot, mebe look for food?". I'm like, "hmm, isn't it just wrong walking among prostitutes with your parents?" It's like taking drugs under the supervision of a police officer.

The room is not all that bad. Yes, it is the smallest bedroom I've ever seen, but after a tiring day, you would just be glad to see a bed, no matter how shabby it may be.

I will continue about my fantabulous visit to Singapore, with a little dissapoitments her and there.
To everyone, I have to say this first, "Singapore is a FINE City".

No comments: