Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Making a Difference in Cameron Highlands...

Together, We make a Difference
At our campsite, Taman Lakeview


That's the theme of our camp. The TAR College Catholic Student Society Annual Camp that is.

Well, it was my first retreat with this group and i thought it was awesome. I think the organizers of the camp did a great job and I couldn't thank them enough.
The Guardian Angel game. We were exchanging notes to our mortal child and our guardian angel, who remained anonymous for the length of the entire camp. I even got a candy. :P


About 30 of us including Julius our advisor met on Fri afternoon, waited for the bus for like 2 hours coz the driver had some issues with the permit. So anyway, we got up to Cameron Highlands safely and legally. We stayed at a Lutheran retreat camp. Nice place, with chalets and all I would say.
Our group, undergoing gruelling training with water baloons and the cold weather of the highlands. Haha. Nah, we were just catching water baloons.


We spent the first evening and the whole of the next day at camp but we had fun. Lotsa fun. I made new friends including 2 Filipinos. Yea, and thay speak Tagalog, unlike me, cilok one. Andrew and Vanessa, you guys have gotta teach me abit.
Me, Julius, Andrew and Vanessa. The SSH gang. I just realised, The 3 SSH students are Filipinos. Well, if you include the cilok one as well(me).


The third day was kinda unplanned. We only decided on the 2nd day to have a quick tour round Cameron before heading home. So, our leaders had a quick chat with the bus driver, and all was ok.
At the strawberry farm. The guy there was so friendly, he gave us some free strawberries with whipped cream.


Since the last time I visited Cameron's wasn't very long ago, the places we toured was kinda familiar to me. The Boh tea farm, the bee farm, strawberry farm. The only place which was new to me was the cactus farm where there were some very 'exotic' looking cactuses.
I wouldn't call this exotic. Instead, erotic. LOL.


After all was done in Cameron, we started heading down around 5.30pm. Slept all the way down. After having out dinner at the Tapah Highway R&R (delicious nasi dagang), some on the bus decided to play some games.
OMG, I tell you, those games were seriously addictive, and silly. They was sorta like those riddle-games. We played AliOng, which was the hardest for me. Took me a freaking hour and a half to finally figure it out. The other two I dunno what they were called, but I'll just name them the finger-number game and the clapping game. Imagine this, most of us were still playing and trying to figure out even after we got off the bus. Haha. Fortunately, I was able to figure out all three.

No comments: